How to Open an Account
In order to open an account, you will need to visit Qatar Central Securities Depository Building or one of our brokerage firms, to fill out a copy of the New Shareholder Application Form which you can find on Qatar Central Securities Depository website.
The application shall include the following information to be reviewed by the QCSD
- ID or Passport copy.
- Copy of the Power of Attorney, if applicable, in addition to the Principal and Agent ID copies.
- Bank stamp on the application or bank’s letter with the client’s account number.
Companies / Institutions:
- Official CR copy.
- Copy of a valid Commercial License.
- Copy of Company Registration.
- Copy of authorized signatories’ ID.
- Company stamp on the application.
- Letter submitted by the company to the QCSD for opening the account.
- Copy of the minor’s passport and birth certificate.
- Copy of the guardian’s ID.
- Bank stamp on the application.
Other means of identification may be submitted after the approval of QCSD thereon, i.e. passport copy and driving license.
- The shareholder shall pay a fee of QR. 100 for opening a NIN account.
After you fill – in the new shareholder application form and attach the required documents you need to submit it to the QCSD either by visiting their premises or at the offices of any of our licensed brokers. Please click here for full contact information for QSE’s licensed brokerage firms.
Once you complete this, you will get a National Investor Number (NIN). You will need this NIN to open a trading account with the brokerage firm.
Note: If you choose to submit the NIN application form through one of our brokerage firms, the broker will provide the NIN account opening documentation and request the supporting documentation and the trading account can be opened at the same time. Once this is completed, the brokerage firm will be in contact with Qatar Central Securities Depository to finalize the account opening process. Please take note that this fast-track procedure is not valid for minors’ accounts. Qatar Central Securities Depository also reserves the right to refuse to open the NIN account if the supporting documentation is not satisfactory.
Please take note that this fast-track procedure is not valid for minors’ accounts. Qatar Central Securities Depository also reserves the right to refuse to open the NIN account if the supporting documentation is not satisfactory.